Want a modern and vegan twist on the traditional classic recipe for cooked greens? These mixed garden greens are delicious and nutritious.
Greens (turnip greens, collard greens, kale), Chipotle pepper, sesame seed oil, chicken stock, chicken bouillion (cubes or paste), water, garlic, cauliflower (optional). Add salt to taste, if desired.
In a very large stock pot add chicken stock, water, boullion, sesame seed oil, garlic and Chipotle pepper. Bring contents to a boil.
Carefully add all of the washed greens. Cover pot with lid.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Use a combination of greens for a modern twist or just one kind if you prefer the good old school.
- Turnip or Collard greens are the better choice of you prefer the old school (single type of green).
- The Greens are done when they are soft through the stems.
- Let them sit for 15 minutes without heat after reaching this point.
- Plate them and add shaved raw or cooked cauliflower on top. Just use a little for appearance sake.
- Some people prefer their greens with vinegar or hot sauce.